Big Fish App Development Studio has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate Android Developer to join our team.
At Big Fish we develop custom mobile applications for mid to large size companies. Together our team has helped our clients mobilize their mobile workforce, bring innovative new products and services to market, improve customer satisfaction, and more!
As a Big Fish developer you will have the opportunity to work on new projects for a variety of our clients. You will play an integral role in project planning and we value the insights you bring to the table as a result of years of experience.
Our ideal candidate stays ‘in the know’ in their field, and is on top of the latest Android developments. As a senior developer you are self-directed and comfortable taking a lead developer role.
- Five or more years of professional software development experience
- Three or more years of experience developing native Android apps
- Writing unit tests
- Experience with API and web service design and integration
- Creating apps that incorporate technology such as Bluetooth and remote sensors
- Understanding of server-side technologies
- The ability to write web services and APIs would be an asset,
- As would experience developing cross-platform/hybrid mobile apps.
Location: This is a telecommute-friendly position, qualified applicants from any state are encouraged to apply. Additional consideration will be given to candidates in the Tampa Bay, Florida area.
Job Type: Contract/Contract-to-hire | Full-time or Part-time available
Please send a cover letter and resume (in PDF format) to the attention of Sara at careers@DiscoverBigFish.com. Please include the following in your cover letter:
- A link to at least one Android app you’ve developed in Google Play
- A link to your online portfolio
- Any other relevant content, such as GitHub, Stack Overflow, blog, Twitter, etc.