Big Fish App Development Studio has a part-time opportunity for a quality-minded Software Tester to join our team.
Do you have experience testing mobile apps and back-end web services in a professional setting? Are you in your “sweet spot” when executing structured test cases?
At Big Fish we develop custom business applications for mid to large-size companies. As a member of our QA team you’ll serve a vital role in ensuring our quality standards are met, on every project. You’ll enjoy variety each week as you test the different features and applications our teams are developing.
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Executing formal test cases (manual)
- Proficiency in Xcode and Android Studio
- Testing both iOS and Android mobile apps, on real devices AND in the simulator/emulator
- Testing web services and APIs; using tools like Fiddler and Postman for debugging
- Enough technical expertise that you can speak the same language as our development teams
- Excellent written communication, and documentation skills
- Comfortable taking initiative to get your work done
- Bachelor’s degree (or current student) in Computer Science or a related field would be preferred
- Developing test cases, plans and procedures
- Planning and setup of test environments, including the creation of test data and scripts
- Experience using Android and iOS debug tools (ex. Instruments)
Location: This is a telecommute-friendly position, qualified applicants from any state are encouraged to apply. Additional consideration will be given to candidates in the Tampa/St. Petersburg Florida area where Big Fish is headquartered.
Job type: Part-Time; Contract/Contract-to-hire
Please send a cover letter (email) and resume (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Explain how your experience qualifies you for this position and include the word Baseball in the second paragraph of your cover letter. We thank all applicants who apply, only those who are eligible will be contacted.
You must live in the United States and be legally authorized to work here.