Big Fish is a boutique app development studio in Tampa, Florida; developing custom business applications for mid to large-size companies. We are looking for an experienced Technical Product Owner to join our team.
As a Product Owner, you’ll be part of one or more internal development teams bringing new software to life. You comprehend both technical and business topics, and appreciate the business opportunities that the right software presents.
What You’ll Do
As a smaller company, our Technical Product Owners need to be adaptable to play a variety of roles at different times throughout a project. This includes:
- Leading strategic planning and design sessions with external clients and internal development teams
- Requirements gathering and technical documentation; writing user stories, use cases and acceptance criteria
- Create and groom the product backlog
- Project Management, you’ll be the lead point of contact for our external clients, and responsible for ensuring your projects stay on track and on budget
- Deliver value; you’re comfortable constructively challenging requirements to ensure we prioritize delivering value over just following directions
- Quality Assurance: Writing and executing manual test cases
- Ensure product acceptance and readiness at key phases of the delivery cycle
Skills You Must Have
- Experience working in an agile software development environment is a must
- Experience working on mobile app development projects would be preferred
- Ability to speak to clients with knowledge, professionalism…and a big dose of friendly
- Enough technical knowledge that you can speak the same language as our development teams, and work effectively in a very technical environment
- Initiative, and an innate ability to motivate your team and inspire stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to detail; defects should not make it under your radar without being noticed
- Writing user stories, use cases and acceptance criteria
- Mobile-savvy – you are an avid user of your smartphone(s) and tablet
- Business-savvy – you appreciate the need for software to deliver business results
What We Offer
- An opportunity to leave corporate bureaucracy behind
- Freedom from a daily commute, work from home if you have a dedicated office
- Lots of variety, working on different projects with different clients over time
- Modern project management and team communication tools: Jira, Slack, Bitbucket, and others
Please send a cover letter (email) and resume (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Explain how your experience qualifies you for this position.
Candidates must reside in or near the Tampa Bay area, and be legally authorized to work in the United States.
We thank all applicants who apply, only those who are eligible will be contacted.