How Much Does a Mobile App Cost?
Hiring the Big Fish team to develop your mobile app can cost anywhere from $15,000 to a few hundred thousand dollars.
Variables that influence the cost include:
- Are you hiring us to develop an app, or a full-featured software system, including apps, web application, admin portal, custom web service and so on?
- What platforms need to be supported (iOS? Android? Both? Others?)
- Will the design be simple, or highly customized and elaborate?
- Are you starting with an MVP, or building out a full-featured software suite?
- Who will be using the app, and to do what?
Another variable that influences the cost, is your budget.
If your company’s vision is big, but your budget is smaller, we can discuss ways to keep the costs more aligned with what you’ve been approved to spend. This includes:
- Starting with an MVP
- Developing version one for a single platform (ex. iOS only)
- Postponing less critical features until version two
These are discussions we have during the initial strategic planning and design phase of your project. This process takes two to three weeks, depending on the complexity of the software we are designing. And yes, there’s a fee for our time and expertise.
But, let’s not move too fast. Before deciding to work together, we offer a complimentary consultation to established companies, as a first step to get to know each other.
In some cases, the project is predictable enough that we can provide an approximate cost range or starting point during that initial consult. This a good benchmark to determine if the project is financial feasible (and worthwhile!) for your company.
If you want an exact quote we recommend purchasing strategic planning and design time with our team. We’ll create the blueprint for your software and get the details planned so we can provide the most accurate quote and timeline to build your app.
We Develop Custom iOS & Android Apps
Looking for a team to design or develop your mobile app?