Transforming Customer Service With a Mobile App
Times have changed, and so have consumers.
Millennials now outnumber Baby Boomers as the largest living generation in the United States. Those consumers, age 19 to 35 in 2016, are expected to collectively spend more than $200 billion annually, starting in 2017.
If your organization has not transformed your customer service channels with this generation in mind, you will soon (if not already) be in trouble.
According to Microsoft’s 2016 Global State of Customer Service report 68% of Millennials have higher expectations of customer service than they did a year ago. Across all groups 56% have higher expectations, and among those 55+, 47% have higher expectations.
What we are talking about is not limited only to Millennials; though, given their spending power, we are wise to have them top of mind. Here are some key findings in the report:
- When beginning an online customer service interaction, 36% of Millennials start on a mobile device rather than a desktop or laptop computer
- 60% of Millennials regularly use live chat for customer service
- 81% have a more favorable view of a brand or organization if their customer service portal is mobile-responsive
In another, CSG International study, 89% of customers said they want a tool that lets them see the technician’s location and estimated arrival time.
A customer app for Field Service companies
The Convenience of an App
- Download once, use when needed
- Instant access to your services and their account information and billing
- Self service options in the palm of your hand, 24/7/365
- Does not disrupt your day; use any time, anywhere
- Push notifications
- Many self serve options:
- bill pay
- account updates
- book a service call
- download invoices
- upgrade/downgrade service
- virtual assistant for troubleshooting
- view account history and usage
- order status and shipping/delivery updates
- live status updates of technician location
- service appointment reminders/updates
A whopping 65% of ALL consumers, and 69% of Millennials say they FEEL GOOD about themselves, and the company they are doing business with, when they resolved a problem WITHOUT TALKING to customer service!
Now, what will you do about that?
We Develop Custom Business Apps
Looking for a team to develop your mobile app?