Big Fish is a mobile app development company in Tampa Florida. Businesses that need custom mobile development, but don’t have iOS or Android developers in house, hire our team.
We understand that you have questions, a buying process, and want to get to know us and how we do things. We want to get to know you, and your project, too. That’s why we provide a no charge initial consultation to companies that are interested in hiring us.
It gives your leadership a chance to learn more about how we do things, and ask your most important questions. And, it gives us a chance to learn more about your project and see if it’s a good mutual fit. After the initial consultation you’ll have a better idea of whether your project is feasible and a rough idea of what it will cost.
If your company is exploring, or has decided to have a custom mobile app developed, please use our website to request an initial consultation. But first, keep reading to find out what you can expect.
First, a project lead on your team will fill out our short contact form to request a consultation.
Out of respect for our time and yours, we have a few prescreening questions to ensure:
- This is a serious project for an established company (versus a random person who dreamed up an app idea while in the shower this morning)
- You have some reasonable expectation of the costs of custom software development (versus, you have a couple grand and think that’s enough to hire a team of software engineers)
- This sounds like a project we would be proud to be part of
If these are all a “yes”, we will email or call to schedule a no-obligation consultation with your project lead.
To be efficient and effective with our time it is required that the person we talk to has a lead role on the project, and is not “information gathering” for someone else. It’s important for us to be able to speak about your goals, current pain points and big ideas that you have for this application.
If you prefer to information gather first, please read our blog. Every week we answer frequently asked questions about buying custom mobile app development.
What Happens During the Consultation
The free consultation includes:
- One hour conference call with a Big Fish Project Manager
- Deep dive into the problem(s) you need to solve, or opportunity this project will create
- Feedback and high level discussion about potential features
- Overview of our process and how we do things
- Rough cost and time estimate (this will be a range, such as $30K-$50K, $100K-$150K, less than $30K, etc.)
As part of this free consultation we do not provide written project plans (ex. feature lists, roadmaps, designs) or technical instruction.
Most of the time there will be additional meeting(s) with your team, to answer questions that we didn’t get to on the first call. Shoot us an email any time during your decision-making journey if you have additional questions.
When your leadership team is ready to get started we’ll schedule your Project Discovery & Strategic Planning session.